Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Green Investing: Follow Up

As a follow up to my post on environmentally conscious investing, I came across an aspect of the Dow Jones Index that they have developed to measure a company's sustainability. It is aptly named: Down Jones Sustainability Index

Being green seems to be on investors' top of mind as, a company that is considered environmentally sustainable, is now being look at as a company that will be able to run in an efficient way, while maximizing growth and ensuring a long life. I am pleased that green is slowly becoming a norm in the financial world. It will ensure that companies use their resources in a responsible manner and shows that they are thinking long-term.

I am currently reading a book written by Patagonia owner, Yvon Chouinard who is also the founder of an amazing organization called : 1% For The Planet. I will do a much longer blog on this when I am finished with the book. I am half way done and I am finding his approach to business very inspiring.

Here it is in case you want to get readin':




1 comments:

Sarah Elizabeth Foster said...

Wow, where did you get that book? Was it a present from the best friend you ever had? A person that is always thinking of your best interest and health? ... ME, perhaps? I'm glad you're enjoying your birthday present, Happy Birthday again! Keep spreading the word.

~Sarah

www.SarahElizabethFoster.com